Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How is Related Zone supposed to work?

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
for example in a schedule...I don't find any info on dear google.
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

You can find their description here:

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/26/INT/index.htm#t=_AC26_Help%2F060_ElementParameters%2F060_ElementPa...

It is towards the end of the table.

Related Zone Name - 2D
Name of the element's related Zone, if any.
In general: the Zone which the element borders or intersects in 2D.
Related Zone definitions vary by element. See Description.
An element can have only one Related Zone. (If multiple Zones apply, the first create Zone is listed.)
(To identify the Zone(s) with which an element intersects in 3D, use the “Related Zones- 3D” parameter.)
Wall: The Zone which it borders, or the Zone which the Wall's 2D polygon intersects
Door/Window: Related Zone of the host Wall.
CW: The Zone which it (or at least one of its segments) borders
CW Frame/Panel: The Zone which its CW segment borders, and which the Frame/Panel touches.
CW Junction: All of the connecting subelements (at the Junction's gridpoint) border the Zone; or two of the connecting Frames (at the Junction's gridpoint) border the Zone
CW Accessory: The Zone bordered by the Accessory's parent Frame.
Shell/Roof: The Zone to which it connects via SEO, or by which it is cropped
Object, Light, Morph, Stair, Railing: The Zone that has the same Home Story as the element. For an Object: the centerpoint of its 3D bounding box is within the Zone polygon.
Beam: The Zone which the Beam's Reference line intersects in 2D. The Beam must be visible on this related Zone's home story.
Skylight: The Zone to which its parent Roof or Shell connects via SEO, or by which it is cropped.
Column: The Zone polygon intersected by any corner of the Column. The Column must be visible on this related Zone's home story.
Tread, Riser, Stair Structure: The related Zone of its parent Stair
Railing subelements: The related Zone of its parent Railing

Related Zone Num­ber - 2D
Number of the element's related Zone in 2D, if any. See explanation for Related Zone Name - 2D, above.

Related Zone Name - 3D
Name of the Zone which the element intersects or borders in 3D, if any.

Related Zone Num­ber - 3D
Number of the element's related Zone in 3D, if any.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
DGSketcher
Legend
It appears to be partly broken in AC22. I have just come to work on drawings prepared in AC21 where I linked to the skirting / floor edge, (separately created with a profiled wall), in each room to provide a room label in section. Now I just have the #Related Zone Name displayed in all the rooms in all my sections.

Edit: Apparently the zone layer has to be visible for the #Related Zone Name autotext to display correctly, otherwise the text is just displayed as #Related....
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)