Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How quickly ISOLATE layers in Archicad (show only walls for example)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, could you help me how to isolate walls only (show only walls in Archicad) What I have seen somebody just used keyboard shortcut click on wall and voila only walls were shown!
4 REPLIES 4
Lingwisyer
Guru
If they are grouped, you can just select them then hit F5 and it will hide everything excluding your selection.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Barry Kelly
Activate the wall tool, CTRL+A to select all walls and then view selection in 3D.
You can even add a marquee to the plan to select all walls just inside that marquee.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
vnbogdan wrote:
What I have seen somebody just used keyboard shortcut click on wall and voila only walls were shown!
I would think that was the Quick Layers palette, or perhaps a keyboard shortcut for 'hide others' in that palette.

Quick Layer commands can also be used in combination —say you want to show some layer currently hidden, you can typically 1) invert shown-hidden, 2) click on element in layer you want to show, 3) hide, 4) invert shown-hidden, much faster than it would take you to open Layers etc.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you all for your help! F5 works fine! I was watching one video and the guy said I am going to isolate walls in 3d and he hit Alt+X and only walls were shown. However, I tried same and didn't work for some reason (probably he assigned for Alt+X something that I don't know)