Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to Change Angle of Beam End Faces - Complex profile

Anonymous
Not applicable
For a parapet capping, I have created a complex profile and formed a beam (I'm open to suggestions if this is not the best way to do it).

The parapet is at an angle of 60 degrees to the rear elevation i.e. I'd like to square it off/change the angle of the beam end face.

I googled it, read this article but am I correct in assuming it doesn't work for a complex profile?

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-20/archicad-20-reference-guide/elements_of_the_vir...

I'd appreciate any suggestions as I'm still yet to do a great deal of modelling in archicad.
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Unfortunately, there is no Beam End Angle setting so you would have to resort to workaround and that works only when the end angle is less than 90 degrees. So it does not work in your case where the angle would be 120 degrees.
I would probably convert that Beam element to a Morph and use the Split command to Split the Morph at the desired angle in two pieces. You can then classify the Morph as Beam so it will schedule correctly.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, I'll stop it just short, then add the morph to each end of the parapet.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
That is another way of achieving it, but in that case in the Floor Plan you will have a line where the Beam and the Morph meet.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for highlighting that will be the case but in reality the line will indicate a joint in the sections of parapet capping.

Is converting a beam to a morph straightforward? A lot is still new to me in Archicad, I've not even scratched the surface!
Anonymous
Not applicable