Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How to Define Active Story in 3D view

Jeff Galbraith
Advocate
How do you define the active story while in a 3D view? I'm trying to use the new MEP modeler tools in version 24 and can't find a a way to do this. ie: most tools allow you to select the tool, then open the settings dialogue box and select he story you want to place objects on...at least when you're in a plan view. But when I try to use the routing tool in a 3d view I see no option to tell it what story I want an object tied to. (it also doesn't seem to allow me to begin at the height of the object I snap to when beginning the routing.

How is this done?
Jeff G

Archicad 27 USA (full), Macbook Pro (16-inch 2023, M3 MAX, 128 GB RAM)
4 REPLIES 4
Eduardo Rolon
The usual command is "Relink Home Story" that is available after selecting the object and right clicking to get the menu.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Jeff Galbraith
Advocate
...any way to choose the story before placing the object? ...that's what I'm looking for.
Jeff G

Archicad 27 USA (full), Macbook Pro (16-inch 2023, M3 MAX, 128 GB RAM)
Barry Kelly
If you snap to something, it should set the same storey as that element.
Basically, it automatically sets the storey based on the height at which you place the element.

If you don't want to snap to an existing element, but you have another element of the type you are placing, then ALT-click that existing element to get its settings.
This will set the height and the storey, but also all the other settings (size, material, etc).

If you don't want to do that then before you place the element, open the element settings and change the height there to the appropriate height above project zero.
For some reason that doesn't work if you change it in the info box or change the 'z' height in the co-ordinates palette - at least that is not working for me.
I find you have to do it in the element settings.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Eduardo Rolon
I always get the impression that 3D Window defaults to the floor level you were in floor plan when you switch but I may be mistaken.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator