Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

How to Fix Archicad 26 Generated-Frustrations

Mjules
Mentor

As I posted it to another thread, here are my proposals to restore the Graphisoft's brand image:

"Based on the frustrations caused by the release of Archicad 26, if I were Graphisoft, I would complete this version 26, which marks its 40th anniversary. We can't celebrate a 40th anniversary that way.

To do that, I would add the EcoDesigner Star in the package for free for all subscribers before the end of the year. I would also add the missing elements of the structural features in version 26 including the steel ones presented during the previous events or webinars as well. The development of the software is very late and I don't know the root cause of this big delay.

As a result, such a strategy would allow Graphisoft to alleviate the pain caused by the release of Archicad 26 this month.

For Archicad 27, Graphisoft could release other featuring proposals including the development of the Morph tool. We have to be able to convert different part of the morph in our design or drawings into appropriate BIM elements since Archicad is a BIM software program. For example, if I used the morph tool to design or draw the roof of my architectural project during the schematic design phase, I should be able to convert this morph part of the design into a real BIM roof in Archicad. This could help to use the morph tool to sketch during the schematic design phase and then develop it during the design process. "

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11
22 REPLIES 22
  1. Stop reinventing the wheel. Stop making half baked tools that consumes a lot of brain power from what is really important to our daily work and practice.
  2. Improvement to Grasshopper-Archicad connection ASAP.
  3. At least a well trained representative that is always available in McNeel's Discourse Forum to answer Archicad users question about using Grasshopper that are more related to Archicad than to Rhino or Grasshopper.
  4. Improve the accuracy of Archicad's trigonometrical functions.
  5. Solve the incapability of Archicad's to extract the data we put in material specifications with that of elements in schedules.
  6. Kill Param-O
    I know that it's controversial, but right now in its current way it's useless for any other use than to create library part graphically.
  7. Provide a way that we can connect to specific instances of objects and extract its data.
  8. Either they improve or kill MEP Modeler, right now, and for complex project where you have to model an already made solution is like getting constantly kicked (their is thread were I have detailed it's short comings for starts).
  9. In case they decide to kill MEP Modeler, then provide a simple version of DDS-CAD within Archicad for modelling and linking project's BIM data for MEP design and calculations.
  10. Improve working conditions for modelling with Pointclouds, not as a technology, but as means for modelling using Pointclouds as reference.
  11. As multiple of times I have suggested, they must make a special repository for research papers that are in the making or were made for its free access by different users, some of them provide insights that new methods of work that are quiet good and creative.
  12. Eco-designer must be improved in a way that permit us easy unit conversions and addition of more type of data.
  13. IFC manager is quite good until now, but it will need an improvement so that Archicad can also be used as a legitimate IFC authoring tool.
  14. The publishing of a simple manual for IFC manual with set example of how to use it, how to fill it, and what to write. Most beginners have no idea about it at all.
  15. GDL standard libraries must be changed so that it uses IFC parameters names when ever it applies for at least IFC 2x3 TC1.
  16. Actual Archicad classification system is using a mix of IFC 2x3 TC1 and IFC 4x2, they must be separated and provided equally.
  17. All manual and reference materials should be provided as PDFs, because some of us would like to add personal notes.
  18. Set a quality standard for GDL object creation that all should follow. The low quality of Archicad objects is appalling compared to that of Archicad's standard library. 
  19. Permit users to make editions to current manuals, that can be revised by Graphisoft teams
  20. Hire professional manual writers and editors, the current ones treat us as if they are making a favour to second degree citizen.
  21. Put a Discourse forum just like McNeel did.
  22. Create the concept of Type for elements, the concept is already found in the IFC schema, and in IFC Manager.
  23. Create a GDL plugin for Revit.
  24. Marketing GDL as the most adequate technology for BIM objects.
  25. Collaborate with local architects to set examples for templates that follows local norms, like what the Building Authority of Singapore did.

And that is for starters ...... and I believe others have other ideas

A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.

@Mjules I do recall someone trying to resurrect EcoDesigner a few years ago in a forum thread. That line seems to have gone cold. So when do you think their proposal might come to fruition or do you think they may have disappeared into the Wishlist black hole. There is no point providing broken software to the market, it helps no one and merely drags down the reputation of the supplier which is probably the last thing AC needs just now.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

@DGSketcher Some features regarding sustainable design in Archicad could also help if possible. That's why I supported Ecodesigner Star which seems to work in some jurisdictions around the globe.

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Solution

So am I, I had taken some steps like you to find a solution. I even contacted Graphisoft in England. It was unsuccessful. I contacted the PassivHauss company in Germany to ask why they don't have a plug-in that works with Archicad just as it works for Sketchup. The manager had told me that it would cost the company too much if it developed a plug-in for Archicad.

Then, I wondered why Nemetschek, which is a German company, did not establish a partnership with PassiHauss company in Germany for the benefit of its brands' users. Maybe that could work!

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)

Actually, I am using Form-It from Autodesk for my architectural sustainable strategies. Hope to have an alternative from the Netmeschek Group in the future. 

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
AlexNader81
Contributor

I got a rumor that Ecodesigner Star would come as a benefit for Forward subscribers in an upcoming build/update release. 
Does anyone have anything on this?

I think it would be great.

Alex Nader Cóccaro, Intl. Assoc AIA, SAU
LEED® Green Associate™
BIM Professional

My phone is so smart, it decides to choose its own solutions. I don't decide about any solution yet. Could someone help me? 

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)

Anyway, my phone has chosen your news as a solution, @AlexNader81. Maybe something great like Eco-designer Star is really coming with the first build/update of Archicad 26. I just leave it as the solution, and we'll see what's happening! 

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
AlexNader81
Contributor

Fingers crossed my friend.

Alex Nader Cóccaro, Intl. Assoc AIA, SAU
LEED® Green Associate™
BIM Professional

I have un-solutioned the post.

Just go to the options and choose "not the solution'.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11