BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How to change door glass representation in 2D

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone who know how to change the way door glass is represented in 2D? I would like the line that represents the glass to be shorter and when I draw a double door I would like it to be två seperate lines, one for each leaf.

// M
7 REPLIES 7
Barry Kelly
I have moved this topic to the 'Working in Archicad' section rather than the general 'Archicad +' discussion area.

What door object are you using and can you show a screen shot of the problem?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
It´s always the same problem when I draw a door with glased leaf/leafes. In this particular case I use a basic door. The attached document shows how it is viewed.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried changing the model view options?
Not sure what it is you are wanting to change about the 2d representation
Anonymous
Not applicable
I want it to look like this!
Erich
Contributor
You don't say which version of ArchiCAD you are using or which door part you are using, however in AC 18 (USA) there is a moveable hot spot at the end of the door leaf in 2Dm (D2 18) that will allow you to close the door to get the appearance you are trying to achieve. Just grab the hotspot and drag it to the desired position.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, I´m using AC 18, the swedish application, but there are no hot spots. The door part i´m using is a basic door. If I use any of the other door parts then there´s not even a line to show that the doors is glazed.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can change the scale setting to show it like this which is best done from the model view options, then it is global
I set mine to be like yours & get hot spots still
Learn and get certified!