Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How to change the material of windows

demi773
Participant

So I'm doing this project for school and I haven't worked with Archicad a lot. I'm currently using Archicad 24.

I just can't seem to find the option to change the window materials from wood to steel. I've looked through the whole Window Selection Settings. Am I missing something or is it just not possible?

Kind regards,

demi

demi773_0-1641136048401.png

2 REPLIES 2

Hello demi773,

You are talking about a window information or window appearance ?

About information you are able to enter the material such as warranty or commissioning date etc.
About the appearance just change the surfaces of the occurrence from the settings.
Archicad objects are extremely parametric. It is enough to make the occurrence of appearance and information comparable to your expectation.

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin

Hi Demi 773, you can change material appearance from BASIC WINDOW SETTINGS panel then WINDOW SETTINGS AND OPENING then MODEL ATTRIBUTES then FRAME AND SASH SURFACES, I hope that helps.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB