Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to copy/paste complete project to new ArchiCAD file?

jegomez
Newcomer
Hello. It seems like I am having some issues with my old ArchiCAD template in AC15 and I would like to copy/paste a complete model and layout book to a new instance of ArchiCAD with the latest default ArchiCAD 15 template.

Whats happening is that something from my custom template that I have been using for a long time may be causing my 3D window to not work properly in AC15.

I have tried removing all custom library parts from my current file but my 3D window keeps saying "Disk is full or not enough memory to create 3D data Structure. (error code: 12)" when I go to 3D.
NOTE: My computer is brand new with plenty of RAM, CPU and disk space.

I think it may be something in my custom temple causing this.

Is there any way that I can copy/paste my whole ArchiCAD model and layout book into a new instance of ArchiCAD and hopefully continue working?

Thank you.
ArchiCAD 15 3267 USA FULL
Windows 7 Professional - 64-bit Operating System
Intel Xeon W3550, 8gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro 600
3 REPLIES 3
David Shorter
Advisor
Probably the simplest way is to merge the old file into your new template. First you must open the template and make sure the story settings match your old file.
You will have two options on merge, the model or the layout, do the model first and check it properly. If it's Ok then merge the layout book and use the drawing manager to tidy up any view links.
Before you do any of this make sure your video card is on the recommended list from the wiki as this could be the cause of your problem.
You also may find it easier to include your OS and machine details in any future questions
Hope this helps
Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
jegomez
Newcomer
I just referred to your reply again today to merge a project to a new template I created and I realized I didn't thank you for your help.

Thank you for you assistance.
It is greatly appreciated.
ArchiCAD 15 3267 USA FULL
Windows 7 Professional - 64-bit Operating System
Intel Xeon W3550, 8gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro 600

Hi David,

Thanks for this! I've had a file that wasn't showing any windows and doors in 3D and would show trace references on layouts when not required or enabled (and didn't exist when printed). I've used this method to copy the design to a new file and it's working much better for me now. Thanks for this! 

Henry Saxby | AC25 | CAD for Architect