BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How to create Wall End from Wall End Tool?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Guys,

I am wondering how do I create wall end from the wall end tool on archicad 17. I understand that there is a GDL form for this but it kept ending up in Object tool when I created the wall end that should be ending up in Wall End Tool. How do I put that in Wall End Tool instead of Object Tool? Anyone know about this? Any helpful hints or suggestion for me, let me know.

Thanks!!
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
Do you mean you created your own GDL wall end object?
If so then you need to set its subtype to 'Wall End'.
There is a 'Subtype' button in the Details section of the GDL editor.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Barry,

Yes, that is correct. I did not know about subtype part as I am learning the new process with GDL. Yes, I went back to opening the Object that I created and changed to Subtype to Wall End as you said. Apparently, it did not appear on the wall end tool. I wonder if I did something wrong or missed the step.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
cadpg:

Two things to try:
1. Save the library part after changing the subtype.
2. Reload Libraries before trying to access the part with the Wall End Tool.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!