Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to create a custom arched door frame (image)

4hotshoes
Advisor

It is not clear that I can make this door frame (Attached) from the standard library. How can it be done by creating a custom part? I know I can create a custom leaf and window, but I need a standard door in a custom frame, which has an arched top in the transom and sidelights. Is it possible?

Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 11.37.14 AM.png
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly

I don't use the standard Graphisoft doors and windows, so I have no in depth knowledge of what they can or can't do.

I would not be surprised if they can't do what you want here.

You could save this as an entire custom door or window object (created from slabs), but of course you will have no control of the door leaf style.

If that is what you need, I wonder if you can save this as a custom door or window but with no door leaf - just leave that empty.

Then place this object and then place a standard door where the door leaf will be - can you turn the frame off or make it very thin? - I am unsure of what you can do about this.

It is doubling up of objects, but if you can do it, it will allow you to change your door leaf style (not size).

Otherwise you will be looking at creating a specially scripted door object.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11