Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

How to create a non-continuous layer in the composite slab or wall

Isaac Newton
Enthusiast

Good time of the day, gentlemen

Is it possible to create a non-continuous layer (such as profile rails inside of the dry partition walls or such as a system called "Terrassen-Stelzlager" in the slab) inside of the composite element?

The thing that I need to create is called "Terrassen-Stelzlager". It's a set of small pedestals, that are being placed between the layer of insulation and the floor tiles. They support the tiles in the corners, and thus create an empty layer between the tiles and the insulation. Apart from that they allow to create a certain slope for the tiles and effectively remove water from them. That's what they look like:

IsaacNewton_0-1679058604156.png

For my particular case, I'd like to ask whether it's possible to create them somehow as a part of a composite slab, or should I create an object that would represent them, and place it manually with a certain frequency inside of the empty layer, that I would create before that in the slab?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

AS uisanata said, you should ask if you really need to show them.

But if yes tou can model one an save it as a "Curtain wall jonction" Object.

Then you can use the Curtain wall Tool to create the floor tiles with those supports.

It will only be effective if all supports have the same height.

You use a Curtain Wall panel for the tile and automatic jonction placement for the supports. All over Elements of the Curtain Wall set to 3invisible".

ArchiCad 3.43 to 26
MacOS Monterey

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

you should ask yourself why do you need to model/show those elements? If it's a big plan above 1:20 scale, you don't need them, just model an empty air space in your composite. If it's a detail (2D or 3D), model just 1, make it an object and copy it around. 

if you google "Terrassen-Stelzlager BIM" you might find it already. 

arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11
Solution

AS uisanata said, you should ask if you really need to show them.

But if yes tou can model one an save it as a "Curtain wall jonction" Object.

Then you can use the Curtain wall Tool to create the floor tiles with those supports.

It will only be effective if all supports have the same height.

You use a Curtain Wall panel for the tile and automatic jonction placement for the supports. All over Elements of the Curtain Wall set to 3invisible".

ArchiCad 3.43 to 26
MacOS Monterey