BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to create a terrain with contour lines

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok,I'm new to Archicad 15 but I never found such a irritating program as this one .I'm having problem with almost everything,education videos are confusing and I can not find out how to do the thing video is shows.Yes I can replicate the same thing on the model but when i want to do something on my one i hit in to a wall(figuratively speaking).Sorry for this resigned intro but my nerves are on the edge.
So,now my main problem,I'm studying landscape architecture and had to do a project with lots of landscape designs with little or no buildings(actually there is one but not so important).I had to use this program because my professor suggested me that the easiest way to do cross-sections is with this program.My question is how to put contour lines on a blank sheet and is it possible?Thank you for your help.
Best regards ,
Vlada
4 REPLIES 4
Eduardo Rolon
Start at page 1097 of "AC15 Reference Guide.pdf" under the help menu.

Base Procedure for Terrain:
1. Draw the perimeter mesh
2. Draw the base contours using the polyline tool
3. In the floor plan view use "Magic Wand" the contours to the mesh selecting "fit to mesh"
4. In floor plan click on the nodes of the applied contours and elevate the contour by selecting the "Z" option of the pet palette and then select "Apply to All"
5. Go to 3D window and clean up any points as needed.

----
Make sure that:
1. There is always a minimum of one node of the contour pline within the perimeter of the mesh.
2. Never use "Apply All" with the nodes on the perimeter.

BTW your professor is right this is one of the easiest programs to create sections from a mesh provided you understand how it works.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks,you made my day.I've been struggling with this for a while.But expect me with new questions in some new threads
Djordje
Ace
Vlada wrote:
Thanks,you made my day.I've been struggling with this for a while.But expect me with new questions in some new threads
Also, make sure to contact the local distributor, a really friendly bunch of people ... www.hicad.rs
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, you can try to use ArchiTerra, with AT you can transform a dxf or a txt file in a DTM
If you are a student for you is free
Learn and get certified!