BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

How to create my own Surface Catalog?

RafaelMA
Booster
Greetings,

I've been looking everywhere for this but I couldn't find anything related to that.

I want to create my own Surface Catalog, so that I don't have to remake the same materials for every single project. By own Surface Catalog I mean using my own Textures with Vectorial Hatching and Exposure to Light characteristics already set.

Thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
RafaelMA
Booster
I couldn't find the option you referred to in my Work Environment, but I did find this article that explains how to do it:

https://gdl.graphisoft.com/tips-and-tricks/how-to-create-a-custom-surface-catalog

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
In version 23 (haven't checked earlier versions) there is a command to enable the saving of surfaces.

It can also be found here …

This will add a little "Save" button to the surface palette and will allow you to save individual surfaces as a GSM file.

Otherwise there is a command (again in 23 at least) that allows you to "Save All Surfaces as GSM".
You will need to go into your Work Environment and add this command to a menu.
I don't see it in any of the default Work Environments.

This will allow you to save ALL surfaces at the same time (this can take a little while and you will se no progress bar).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Solution
RafaelMA
Booster
I couldn't find the option you referred to in my Work Environment, but I did find this article that explains how to do it:

https://gdl.graphisoft.com/tips-and-tricks/how-to-create-a-custom-surface-catalog

Thanks!
Barry Kelly
That is great.
I searched for that but didn't find it - but I was looking in the Help Center.

I forgot to say that the images I was showing was using the default standard Work Environment.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!