BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How to define a new level marker?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I come from China. I can not find the level marker type we used in Level Tool. So I have to define a new one myself.
But how? No subtype for level marker.

Anybody know?
37 REPLIES 37
LiHigh
Newcomer
Peter wrote:
LiHigh,
the code takes the slab elevation
and adds the height of the the current wall tool
wall height setting (WALL_HEIGHT).
Why did you do this ?
Oh sorry, That is a mistake! You know, lazy people like me like to copy & paste........

Just delete Wall_Height eventhough in this case it will always be 0.

The Universal Label I've created is not quite a finish article yet. My intention is to share my ideas and illustrate what can be done. I'm never good in explaining in words, especially English. You guys have to teak it to suit your needs.
Howard Phua

Win 10, Archicad 19 INT
Anonymous
Not applicable
LiHigh,
You said:
"Just delete Wall_Height eventhough in this case it will always be 0."

When I applied the label to a 4" thick zero elevation slab
and selected top surface I got 10'-0" as the top surface elevation of the slab.
When I change the wall tool wall height to 7'-0" the slab label
changes to 7'-0". Unless the wall tool height is set to zero it will never
be zero. Your label accesses the current settings of the wall tool.
Anyway, I did comment out that line of code and substituted a line
of code that did not have the addition.
Thanks,
Peter Devlin
P.S. I just noticed something very strange.
I am in the "Post Reply" window and I see two lines of text in your post
that do not appear in your post when I am in the normal post
viewing window.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mathew,
Could you send your object to us I think that's exactly what we are looking for? My email is mlabucki@triglyph.net

Thanks,
Michele
cremsberg
Participant
Can this label GDL be modified to show bottom-of-wall or top-of footing? Can it be modified to include the text "top-of-wall" in addition to the resulting elevation data? I wish I understood GDL. Someday.
Claire Remsberg

Remsberg Architecture, P.A.

MacBook Pro, OSX 12.6, ArchiCAD v25 (5010)
Karl Ottenstein
Geoff's Top-of-Wall label is now also in the GDL Depository in 01 General > Custom Labels
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/object_depository.php?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
James wrote:
Trying attachment again...
James

This is a life saver, I can not understand why it is not at the GDL Object Depository.

I linked it on my blog, if you don´t mind.
http://architruques.blogspot.com/2008/11/planta-de-tectos-altimetria.html

Thanks for saving me lots of time and quite a few potential errors.
Krippahl wrote:
why it is not at the GDL Object Depository.
Thanks Miguel, of course it's fine for you to link to it.

I put it in the depository [sic] today.

I don't put everything in there because frankly I don't like it very much. No direct links, no line breaks or formatting, no (post) preview, you have to tunnel back down to view what you just posted; meh.

I had pretty much forgotten writing that post. It's sobering to encounter such a thing from the distant past. I could post it today without changing a word, except they fixed the label UI spots bug.
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
Wolf,

You are right that you need to make your own level dimension markers with the object tool. The good news is that you can make them better than the Level Dimensioning tool does. I made one that changes its appearance according to whether it is used in plan or section. It automatically picks up the elevation above project zero in section and it displays the z-height in plan (allowing auto slab, roof and mesh spot elevations using the gravity feature). The only limitation is that they can't be linked to other model elements so they have to be manually updated when things change.

If you like (and any others of course) I can e-mail you the part to adapt to your own needs.
Hi Mathews,
I've been looking for this issue. If possible, could you please email me that level markers part to adapt.
Many thanks
if possabl
Learn and get certified!