BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

How to display real world coordinates as marker or dimension

Aquavit
Contributor
Hi,
I'm working on a site plan, building it up (in 2D currently) off an old hard copy survey. I was looking for a way to place coordinate markers (or dimension), which would display the actual coordinates of each point in plan. The site plan is effectively 'geo-located' with the AC absolute coordinate system, so when I click on the junction of my Northing and Eastings the X,Y coordinate box shows the accurate -425300N and -66900E.
Thanks.
AC26 3001 INT FULL - Laptop Win10 x64 - Intel i7-7920 HQ CPU @ 3.10GHz - NVIDIA Quadro P3000
6 REPLIES 6
Aquavit
Contributor
Aquavit wrote:
Hi,
I'm working on a site plan, building it up (in 2D currently) off an old hard copy survey. I was looking for a way to place coordinate markers (or dimensions), which would display the actual coordinates of each point in plan. The site plan is effectively 'geo-located' with the AC absolute coordinate system, so when I click on the junction of my Northing and Eastings the X,Y coordinate box shows the accurate -425300N and -66900E.
Thanks.

Wow. I've never had no replies to a post before! I'm not sure if this is a really dumb, or boring query? Is this better posted in the GDL forum?
Any direction would be appreciated.
Thanks.
AC26 3001 INT FULL - Laptop Win10 x64 - Intel i7-7920 HQ CPU @ 3.10GHz - NVIDIA Quadro P3000
Barry Kelly
There is a "Setting Out Marker" in the object depsitory (General section).
Does this do what you want?
Barry.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/object_depository.php?browse=Depository/01%20General
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Aquavit
Contributor
Barry thanks for getting back to me, was beginning to feel somewhat adrift in the wilderness! Yes that SO_Marker is basically what I was after.
Though I'm struggling to get its coordinate read out to return an accurate value. When I have 'absolute' coordinates set (i.e. delta un-checked in the coordinate box), and grid not rotated, my cursor indicates 0,0 at the project origin - but the SO_marker is returning an apparently random coordinate. I'll see if I can get in touch with the creator. Otherwise if you have any other ideas I would be grateful. This may be a daft suggestion, especially from a GDL illiterate such as myself, is there a simple way to augment the std level dimension tool perhaps?

Thanks again.
Barry Kelly
Aquavit wrote:
Though I'm struggling to get its coordinate read out to return an accurate value. When I have 'absolute' coordinates set (i.e. delta un-checked in the coordinate box), and grid not rotated, my cursor indicates 0,0 at the project origin - but the SO_marker is returning an apparently random coordinate.
I have never used this object but I think I read you have to enter the co-ordinates of the user origin into the object parameters.
Maybe this already has default values set and you have to change them to zero?
Yes there are preset values in there but I don't get what this is supposed to do as the displayed values stay fixed no matter where you put it.

Just turn off the parameter for "USER COORDINATES".

Aquavit wrote:
This may be a daft suggestion, especially from a GDL illiterate such as myself, is there a simple way to augment the std level dimension tool perhaps?
I don't think so as that is a dimension tool built into Archicad and not an editable GDL object.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Aquavit
Contributor
Barry cheers, I'll see if I can massage SO_marker to make sense. I know I should just find time to learn GDL, but.. if you happen to come across a slicker object let me know.

Thanks for wading in!

Best, A

Still there? I might have a solution. Today I created a schedule of coordinates in my project.

You cannot build a line.
Learn and get certified!