Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How to edit old object?

Anonymous
Not applicable
How can I edit the Scripts in gray button??
It is from ArchiCAD 7.
Please see attached.
Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe the object is protected with a password?
Barry Kelly
andro55 wrote:
No not a password.
This would have been locked with the old "Hidescripts" program that used to lock specific scripts but not the object parameters.
The newer password protection that came about in 14 or so locks the entire object (all scripts and parameters) unless you know the password.

I am guessing the original author hid these scripts for a reason though - to protect their property.
They should have the original unhidden script but they many not be willing to share it.
But you could always ask if you know where the object came from.

Barry.

PS it is not really a secret of how you can read the scripts with a text editor - you only have to search some of the old posts here.
But this does not unlock the scripts in this object.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a problem, and this is the closest thread to help fix it. I am the author of this object. We started using Hardi-Frames a lot in our office, so I thought it'd be nice to make an object for it. Its been coming along pretty well... but I'm a hack, so I've been cutting and pasting codes from other locations. Apparently I did something wrong. I can't get back into my own code! And its not just something minor, its ALL the coding!

If it is not possible to open my own object (extremely embarrassing), can someone at least tell me what the code is that I want to stay away from or not copy? I dont want to lock myself out of my own code again....
Barry Kelly
I can't see your screen shot.
Any chance of re-posting it please?

I am not aware of any code that you can copy and paste that will lock all the scripts - at least not if you are copying and pasting within the GDL editor.
Copying and pasting in an external editor (if that is what you did) may be a different story.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I definitely locked myself out somehow. If you are not aware of ways to lock out the code, then how does it happen? The previous guy noted this happened and you mentioned that it was intentional by the person who created the object. How can reply that way and then say that you dont know any code that does this?!?! Mine is definitely NOT intentional!! I am not that good or fast. I have been working on this since last year..... very frustrated!
Screen Shot 2017-09-16.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
andro55 wrote:
No not a password.
This would have been locked with the old "Hidescripts" program that used to lock specific scripts but not the object parameters.
The newer password protection that came about in 14 or so locks the entire object (all scripts and parameters) unless you know the password.

I am guessing the original author hid these scripts for a reason though - to protect their property.
They should have the original unhidden script but they many not be willing to share it.
But you could always ask if you know where the object came from.

Barry.

PS it is not really a secret of how you can read the scripts with a text editor - you only have to search some of the old posts here.
But this does not unlock the scripts in this object.
This is you, isnt it?!?!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is the object if someone can help. I started with ProTruss script because of the scripting that allowed me to change the dimensions within the company parameters. I've added code from chairs, hotspot stuff, I think I had some pratt truss coding from Graphisoft. I just can't get back into my own file and I have no idea what I did to lock myself out....
Barry Kelly
SmileyMan wrote:
I definitely locked myself out somehow. If you are not aware of ways to lock out the code, then how does it happen? The previous guy noted this happened and you mentioned that it was intentional by the person who created the object. How can reply that way and then say that you dont know any code that does this?!?! Mine is definitely NOT intentional!! I am not that good or fast. I have been working on this since last year..... very frustrated!
There is not any code that I am aware of that can lock the scripts.
There is however an old utility (program called 'Hidescripts') that can lock the scripts.
Problem is that it can't unlock them.
I don't know anyway of accidentally locking the scripts.
Let me look at your object and see what I can do.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27