Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

How to embed library parts into the .pln file

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been using Archicad since V8 many years ago. Over that time I have always had the issue of missing libraries when I open a file created in an older version in the current or newer version. As an example, if I open a file created in Ver22 using version 24 I always get a report that some libraries/parts are missing. When I install a new version I do all of the right things installing Archicad and the new library. It dawned on me that this particular issue would disappear if all of the components used in the building design could be embedded like my ECAD software does. I have looked all over the Archicad site and I cannot find any info stating whether this would be possible. In my ECAD software, when I finish a design I have an option to create an embedded library that contains all of the parts used in the design so when I open the file again all of the part files are already loaded and don't need to look up the parts in other libraries. So I would like to know if Archicad can do the same thing one a building is complete. In other words, a library command that determines all of the various items used in the design and then embeds them into the design file so that when the file is opened in a new version all of the library parts will be available without having to search for the files in the outside libraries. If Archicad does not have this feature I think it would be a great addition.

Regards.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru
Adding the relevant Migration Library should solve your issues.

Regarding completed projects, you could create a .pla which should package all of the relevant parts. This can be done through the standard save function.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru
Adding the relevant Migration Library should solve your issues.

Regarding completed projects, you could create a .pla which should package all of the relevant parts. This can be done through the standard save function.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Ling:

Thank you very much. I looked into the .pla file format and saw that it does what I am looking for.

Regards.