Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

How to get a vector image from an axonometric view (very heavy file)

Paopao
Booster
So here I am again: I have a very detailed axo of a roof where I must show all tiles. I have made the tiles with a replicated morph (hundreds of them). Then I have set up the axonometry, created a 3D document that I need to change (lines and fills) to place on a large board and show all the roof layer . The roof is extremely detailed and once exploded in lines it is so heavy I can't handle the file. Is there a way around this? Here is an img of the roof (which is obviously made in different layers to show...). How can I manage everything from within archicad?

Thanks,
PP
AC26 EDU • WIN 10 • Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz• 32G RAM• NVidia GForce GTX 1080
3 REPLIES 3
Lingwisyer
Guru
Clarification request: What is the purpose of modelling every single tile?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Paopao
Booster
it is a university assignment to drive us mad...
AC26 EDU • WIN 10 • Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz• 32G RAM• NVidia GForce GTX 1080
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for your question! I hope you are doing well during these trying times!

Depending on what do you want to achieve in the end, there are many ways to get the same result. With hundreds of tiles, the final number of lines can easily go up to tens or hundreds of thousand. I'm curious as to why do you need to explode the morph into linework on the 3D document? Maybe it is worth separating the roof to another file, then explode it there to see if it performs any better. Then we can figure out how we can go from there.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!