BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to import a template to an existing project?

leones
Participant
How to import a template to an existing project?
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
I have moved this post to the "Working in Archicad' section.
Please read the section descriptions to determine the best place to make your post.

You don't really import a template into an existing job - although it depends what you want to get out of the template.
If what you want are all the attributes you can get them via the Attribute Manager but you will not get all of the views in the template as these can not be copied.
The layouts can be copied over with the organiser but you will have to re-link all of the drawings from the template views (external file) to you job views (internal).
Then there are things like Model View Options, Graphic Overrides, Favourites and Renovation Filters which you will have to export from the template and import into the job file.

You are better to copy and paste your existing job into the template file and then save as your job.
Make sure you turn all layers on and cut and paste (I prefer cut so you know it has gone) from you file to the template.
I don't copy the section lines (unless there are none in your template) - I reposition those in the template as they are already linked to any drawings on the layouts.

You will also need to check any sections and elevations for 2D annotation as this will not copy across even if you do cut the section/elevation lines.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Josh Verran
Expert
Sorry to rekindle an old post.
I find the File > interoperability > merge function to be the easiest for brining older projects into a new template.

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
Learn and get certified!