BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How to insert a new Tab on default ArchiCad windows?

Cosminn
Contributor
Hello everyone.

I am trying to add some custom settings to an existing ArchiCad window/door.

Is there a way to add a new tab to appear next to the existing tabs?. Or to create a new one. Please see attached screenshot.

At the moment I am not able to do it.
There are a lot of call functions, using few macro objects.

If I write something on the Interface script i am not able to see it.

Any advices will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

new tab.png
Sincerely,
Daniel
6 REPLIES 6
Cosminn
Contributor
Or maybe here....

???
My settings.png
Sincerely,
Daniel
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You would have to modify the Interface Script of the GDL Object.
It is very possible that there is a CALL command in the Interface SCript which actually calls a macro object so multiple Objects can use the same Interface Script. In that case you would have to modify the Interface Script within the Macro Object.
In any case, GDL Scripting is required.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Barry Kelly
This answer on GDL Center may help.

http://gdl.graphisoft.com/forums/topic/how-to-insert-a-new-tab-on-default-archicad-windowsdoors/

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Cosminn
Contributor
Thank you Guys so much.

I've tried to edit some doors. Doors has been replicated by other guy only for having different library part name,he didn't wrote any extra GDL code. He choose this way, instead of having them in the Favorites tool. He has fixed few settings, such as grids, surfaces, etc. and the only difference between 2 doors is the rough opening dimensions.

He made this in version AC_17 and few of them from previous versions as well.

This means there was a lot of migrating stuff and a lot of macro.

This is what I did:

I've found the original door who was replicated. I've injected (using CTRL+ALT) all the parameters settings fixed by previous guy. for all windows type.

After this I've excluded from the library the migration library folder and all the previous libraries.

And finally I've create and extracted the container with AC_18 library. I have call it My_AC_18.

And here I can easily edit the macro, and having my tab on the windows/doors interface.

Before, because it was a lot of macro(e.g. gs_door_rect_USA, I believe there was more then one with this name, being part from AC_17, AC_14 and even AC_13 )

It was hard for me to edit each one. And if I edit just one, big Issues was on that door/window. Actually doesn't work.

Hope you understand what I've wrote, sometimes my english level creates missunderstandings.
Sincerely,
Daniel
Cosminn
Contributor
Thank you Barry for the link.

Actually that's me, who wrote the same post on the GDL Graphisoft forum website. I have 2 names: Daniel Cosmin

Sometimes I use Cosmin, sometimes I use Daniel

Virtic is my Surname.

Again thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
Daniel
Barry Kelly
Cosminn wrote:
Actually that's me, who wrote the same post on the GDL Graphisoft forum website. I have 2 names: Daniel Cosmin
I thought as much due to the similarity of the posts.
I just wanted to make sure the answer was seen here as well in case others look at this.
Glad you have it sorted.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!