Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

How to know if entities are on a story?

4hotshoes
Advisor

Again I have been given a file to work with that has issues. Because Archicad shows most entities on multiple stories, it is not so easy to know what story each entity is on which story without selecting them individually.

Ultimately, I want to eliminate some stories that are creating confusion (for floor framing and floor level). Part of the problem is that most of the 3D model was created by ignoring stories, and that happened because the user did not understand how to use stories.

If I turn on all layers, How can I identify entities on a particular story even though other entities on other stories also are visible? I don't want to delete the entities, I do want to delete the stories yet I don't want the entity's height to change. If nothing resides on a Story in between, I should be able to delete it right?

I only need two floors and the site. The footings are at multiple heights and will not have a story.

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 3.39.12 PM.png

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
6 REPLIES 6

One way is to use an Interactive Schedule.  Then you could Group them if you like.   Then you could use the Renovaton Tool as a filter.  Lots of ways to do it. 

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Barry Kelly

I am not sure if this will help in what you are doing, but you can filter the 3D view to show just particular storeys.

Then when you 'show in 3D- (Filtered)', it will show only what is in the filtered layers.

It won't show anything that is on a different home storey layer but is set to display on another layer.

BarryKelly_0-1634087360381.png

You should then be able to select what you see in that storey and then 'Relink home storey' to move it to another storey.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru

Hotlink and explode into a file with the amended stories? You could then delete the building elements on the floorplan of the original, amened the stories and do the same back to retain your views? 2D drafting in sections and elevations is independent of story structure right? I have never tried.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
DGSketcher
Legend

I have a Graphic Override set up that assigns a different surface colour to each element according to home storey. This give a quick overview whatever the layer / view status when viewing the model in 3D.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

I ussually add a nice big chunk of height to choice stories to see what moves up and down in the 3D model.

I use this same trick when I need to change story height, but don't want everything to move in vertical position.

Also a handy trick if you need to quickly see which elements are linked to upper stories to determine their height.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

Barry - That's brilliant. I've experienced the same issue when trying to help users who have created unnecessary stories that we've determined should be deleted. Filtering the elements by home story, then using Relink Home Story (changing the story association without changing the elevation), will make fast work of this cleanup task!