BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to make a window in oval stretched wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello there! I need some help, solving a design problem. We've made an oval walls, using profile manager and now we want to put some windows, but when I do, it doesn't see like it should. Can you give me an advice, what can I do or maybe I have to use some other method or instrument to design it propper.

The oval details

When I put some window it is shown like this

My backup plan is to do some glass wall detail and not let it cover the all the length, but in this case they will be no windows shown in the floor plan

3 REPLIES 3
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
In the Profile Manager, there is a Design Layer called "Opening Reference".

Make sure this is turn on (checkbox), and there are red lines that can define where the opening reference is. You can split these lines, or draw additional lines on this layer to follow your sloping Wall profile.

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-21/archicad-21-reference-guide/user-interface-refe...
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
bonevs:

In the Profile Manager, turn on the Opening Reference lines and adjust them to the correct angle. In the Window settings, choose Preview & Positioning > Opening Plane: Associated to Wall (button under preview).

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ooo yeah...thank you very much...it worked and solved the problem
Learn and get certified!