Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to make hole in morph surface

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm building a kitchen island as a morph and I'm trying to cut out a counter top for farm house sink. I'm sure this is a basic thing to do but I'm having trouble executing. I've looked on utube and cannot figure it out. Hence my name the "Rookie". Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
Hello,

Do you try to use SEO (Solid Element Opération) ?
You are able to make a new morph with a right clic on the morph result.

You can use a boolean operation too.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Barry Kelly
You can also create lines on the morph surface to create a surface within a surface (area within and area) that you can then push/pull with the pet palette options.

SEO is probably easier though.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Collins
Advocate
Another fast way is to create two morph surfaces in the same plane, one for the counter and one for the hole you need. Merge the two morphs with Union. Then using the special sub-element cursor , select the hole morph and delete it. That will make your hole. Then you can extrude the counter morph to the thickness you need. Don't forget to switch the selection cursor back to normal !
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
Lingwisyer
Guru
I am still wondering for what reason this is being built as a Morph? Rather than using the standard building tools then possibly being converted at the end to possibly detail?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
Another fast way is to create two morph surfaces in the same plane, one for the counter and one for the hole you need. Merge the two morphs with Union. Then using the special sub-element cursor , select the hole morph and delete it. That will make your hole. Then you can extrude the counter morph to the thickness you need. Don't forget to switch the selection cursor back to normal !
David,
I have used this method in the past numerous times, but it does not seem to work with ver. 23. Did something change somewhere, or am I missing something. I have tried and tried, but cannot get it to work with 23. Any suggestions out there?
Thanks.
Barry Kelly
paultp wrote:
I have used this method in the past numerous times, but it does not seem to work with ver. 23. Did something change somewhere, or am I missing something. I have tried and tried, but cannot get it to work with 23. Any suggestions out there?

I am pretty sure nothing has changed with the morph tool.
So it should work the same as it did before.
What part of the procedure is not working and can you show an image of what you are trying to do?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
It started working for me again. Guess I just wasn't holding my mouth right....
Thanks.