BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How to make the "solar shade" device linetypes?

rob2218
Enthusiast
SEE ATTACHED.

Solar-Device-Linetype-display-SMALL.jpg
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
8 REPLIES 8
Barry Kelly
Unfortunately objects don't have the option for overhead / uncut line types in the object settings.
Storey sensitivity has to be scripted into the object.
If this has been done then in the parameters (custom settings) you will find the options.
Like stairs allowing you to show and hide treads on different stories and changing their line types.
But if it hasn't been scripted in (and I am guessing it hasn't) then you are out of luck.

So it is either 2D line work in one of the stories or convert the object to a morph and then you will have the overhead / uncut line type control.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
rob2218
Enthusiast
how sad....back to resorting to 2D linework "ontop of" the 3D objects location....how very sad.
Barry wrote:
Unfortunately objects don't have the option for overhead / uncut line types in the object settings.
If this has been done then in the parameters (custom settings) you will find the options.
Like stairs allowing you to show and hide treads on different stories and changing their line types.
But if it hasn't been scripted in (and I am guessing it hasn't) then you are out of luck.

So it is either 2D line work in one of the stories or convert the object to a morph and then you will have the overhead / uncut line type control.

Barry.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218 wrote:
how sad....back to resorting to 2D linework "ontop of" the 3D objects location....how very sad.
Barry wrote:

Barry.
What you want is super simple gdl scripting
rob2218
Enthusiast
Super simple scripting? Really?
Would you be able to walk me thru it or showme?
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218 wrote:
Super simple scripting? Really?
Would you be able to walk me thru it or showme?
Not right this second but I could write something up for you this weekend
rob2218
Enthusiast
that would be awesome-sauce!
thanks.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218 wrote:
that would be awesome-sauce!
thanks.
sorry i havent had a chance yet to put anything together for you yet. Ill try this week if you are still interested
rob2218
Enthusiast
Sure, still interested. Since you are doing this at your generosity, I'm most appreciative so no worries about when it gets done. Thanks for being so kind.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Learn and get certified!