BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

How to model two door Cabinet using Cabinet 25?

William Yan
Expert

Hello guys, I can't model the same cabinet type(two door sink) using cabinet 25 object. Can some show me how? Thanks.

Snipaste_2021-11-01_13-06-24.png

Snipaste_2021-11-01_13-08-03.png

Snipaste_2021-11-01_13-17-48.png

AC 26 5002 CHI, Windows 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

In Segment Details panel, make sure the Segment Type = Door, and Segment Opening Type = Double Hung - we know that naming is a little confusing though.

James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Solution
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

In Segment Details panel, make sure the Segment Type = Door, and Segment Opening Type = Double Hung - we know that naming is a little confusing though.

James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager

Oh yes! Thank you James!

AC 26 5002 CHI, Windows 10

It would be nice to also have the option of 3 doors.

AC26 > AC5 - Win10

The cabinet tools can be a great design advantage and used to create many pieces of furniture/cabinets if used properly. But Archicad's cabinets are sadly lacking (limited) when compared to other cad software I've used. Most use a panel scheme whereby one can arrange, size and put a unlimited number of panels within panels ( or the main panel). Then allow each inner panel to be configured for doors , drawers, shelves, openings, accessories (objects), etc.. Similar to windows within windows. Also lacking is the ability to to add moldings and to place and configure complex profiles for those moldings or the ability to allow cabinet manufactures to offer their lines of doors and cabinets in a library(s). Also true of windows?

It is still unfortunate that Graphisoft will not solicit suggestions prior to starting new design features or allow knowable users (except for large volume users) to have input into the design specifications. Despite promises, i have seen no change to date.

In Graphisoft's defense I think that the present GDL language may be just too limited and complex to accomplish something like this with reasonable resources. i have experimented with Param-O but found it to be also too limited.

However, if Graphisoft would allow more complex cabinet designs with reasonable effort. i believe there are tens of European and North American cabinet manufactures that would love to have their lines included in Archicad. Probably not going to happen since that would have limited appeal to the main line Architectural firms. The lack of the ability for fabricators to duplicate their products without hiring large numbers of GDL programmers definitely limits Archicad,

The  need to go outside of Archicad for complex Kitchen and Bathroom designs is a limitation that i am not happy with but have learned to live with as i see no effort to improve in the near term?

Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27

No such option (double hung) in Russian version

003.png

GDL can do what you mention, I ended up writing my own cabinets to gain better customizability.

It is the fifth option down in the English version.

It may not translate as "double hung" in Russian.

BarryKelly_0-1655301811944.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

The fifth option in Russian is "uplifting". There's no double hung menu item  in this list (

The translation is wrong. It's really fifth item. I thought I've tried all options.

Learn and get certified!