Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

How to override object color need to override only certain objects that are in demo status?

kosta
Booster

Hi ! 

I have MEP objects and walls that is under demolition, but I need them at separate demo plots

so I added walls and they are red colored, now I need to demolish the MEP objects only and they need to have red color also while walls will turn black/

so I added new demolition preset for MEP separately.

kosta_0-1646322665155.png

as I said I need to have preset where walls are black and MEPs are red, if I will disable demo status for walls it will shuffle things.

kosta_1-1646322794257.png

I can't add my new preset above (those are only 3 of them) 

so I added "walls" among that list but it has no effect. what is wrong here ? is that impossible to achieve ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

So you should have a renovation filter that overrides all 'to be demolished' elements to red colour.

You then create the Graphic Override rule to change walls to black as you have done, but also add in the criteria for 'Renovation Status' IS 'to be demolished'.

Add that rule to a Graphic Override combination and apply both the GO combination and the renovation filter to your model.

The GO combination should override the renovation filter settings.

That is if I understand what you want - to demolish walls and MEP objects but have the walls a different colour.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Barry Kelly

So you should have a renovation filter that overrides all 'to be demolished' elements to red colour.

You then create the Graphic Override rule to change walls to black as you have done, but also add in the criteria for 'Renovation Status' IS 'to be demolished'.

Add that rule to a Graphic Override combination and apply both the GO combination and the renovation filter to your model.

The GO combination should override the renovation filter settings.

That is if I understand what you want - to demolish walls and MEP objects but have the walls a different colour.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
kosta
Booster

@Barry Kelly Hi , thank you for help but it looks like not working 

kosta_0-1646326027672.png

am I doing that wrong again ? both are still red 

kosta
Booster

I'm sorry I didn't add that to graphical override combinations... 

I didn't even now that graphical override combination is a pallete )) you just said graphical override combination without quotation marks and I just thought it is just combination of 2 criterias, " graphical override combination" with    ""    I would have thought of it as something that exists.. my bad thank you, AC is so funny and complicated )