Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How to realize an exterior jamb with archicad 20 ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I want to realize a jamp on the external surface of my wall (see pic). The idea is to carve the insulation layer.

Is there anyone that know how I can realize this?

One of the solution that I found was to separate the elements around the window, but this is too complicated. I obtained too much elements and there is too much different jamps of my facade

thx[/img]
15 REPLIES 15
Alanerniquez
Participant
Easy,
Pick any door you want to use,
Go to the Reveal option
Pick Slanted Reveal and the add the angle you want to add on section and plan.
There you go!
Jamb Door.jpg
Mexico
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thx I saw that option.

However this is only for reveal on the internal part of the wall, isn't it?

Stupid question here: the little sun appearing when you place a window represents the exterior, right?

If I put this little sun in the building, does it create a bug?

Ps: sorry I'm really new in archicad and english isn't my native language [/img]
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You can also put an empty window on top of it (two windows) and use that to make the slant.

That way the actual window behaves properly with inside and outside facing option like 'vensterbank', 'onderdorpel' etc Too lazy to find the English words.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Barry Kelly
dvdbremt wrote:

Stupid question here: the little sun appearing when you place a window represents the exterior, right?
Traditionally yes but it is actually just the side the reveal is calculated from.
You still click the side you want the door or window to face (the opening direction).
So yes you can have the sun (reveal) on the inside and still have the door or window facing outside.
If you have window sills then they will be on the reveal side.
But it all depends on how your object is scripted.

But if it allows you to shape the reveal how you want then all is good.
Or try using a second empty opening as Erwin suggested.

Barry.
reveal_side.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay thank you, I think that I'm almost at the desired result...

On the picture you can see what I obtain (A)

And B (photoshopped) what I really want. insulation has to go over the frame.

Do you guys have any ideas ?
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Pretty tricky to get that exact with just the parametric settings from the windows. You can get close, I'd say close enough for 1:100 / 1:50 drawings, as no-one will actually see that plaster detailing at that scale when printed.

See screenshot below.

If you want to get the plaster exact and right you could punch a hole that is bigger than the window with an emtpy opening and model the side with 2 complex profile collumns. That way you'll have the 3D model correct too.

Are you sure you want the insulation in front of the window though? Seems like an odd detail.
slanted.jpg
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is essential yes, we are an office specialized in passive architecture. limit the thermal bridges is one of our crusade 😛
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
I would use a morph to cut hole the instead of the extra sized hole w columns. I don't know the implications though./M
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry I don't understand what you mean