BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How to realize an exterior jamb with archicad 20 ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I want to realize a jamp on the external surface of my wall (see pic). The idea is to carve the insulation layer.

Is there anyone that know how I can realize this?

One of the solution that I found was to separate the elements around the window, but this is too complicated. I obtained too much elements and there is too much different jamps of my facade

thx[/img]
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok I found a solution. The reveal is made by an empty window smaller than the good one.

There is two remaining "problems" :
1) the internal part of the reveal must be anthracite

2) How can I lenght the tablet along the whole reveal?

Thx
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. I'm having the same problems and got to the same conclusions. It's a shame AC's windows can't do the outward reveal! If someone figures this out, I'd be deeply appreciative.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You are basically stuck modeling this with walls/morphs/shells whatever works for you. You could save it all as a custom window.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
The inside part of the reveal can be made another colour using the "empty opening"'s "chambranle intérieur" and "tablette" in the french library.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not familiar with saved custom windows. Wouldn't this forbid any later changes? Would it become necessary to re-save the custom window each time I'd want to change it?
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Benjaminmeyer wrote:
Would it become necessary to re-save the custom window each time I'd want to change it?
Yes.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!