BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to reposition the house on the site plan?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I need to move the house by 1m and raise it by 80cm with respect to the surveyor's site plan. Can someone help me. I have little experience in ArchiCAD. my architect left the country but sent me the project file. I think I have everything I need to do it and then re-print all the views for submission, but I can't work out how to make the change I need.

I'll be eternally grateful to anyone who can help.
4 REPLIES 4
Dontknow
Enthusiast
To move the building you need to do is to use the multi-story (thick) marquee to surround the entire project (with all layers visible and unlocked) then then just use the drag command.

Raising the whole building sounds a bit tricky.
Changing your story settings should work I think.
Architectural construction designer, draftsman, modeller
ArchiCAD 25.
Anonymous
Not applicable
With proper layer management, I would do this in 3D.

I have all my 3d and 2d separate on their own layers. And my objects, 3d or 2d are separated from each other fairly logically so it's easy to separate the building related objects from the adjacent area's objects. If you don't you may need to create temporary layers to handle this.

First I select temporary ungroup (sometimes I forget something I have selected might be grouped with something I might not want to affect and inadvertently move something I didn't mean to because it was grouped with something I had selected) and then turn on all the 3d layers of the objects I want to move and and shut off the 3d layers I don't want to move and all the 2d ones.

Then I go into the 3d model space, select all and move the building 1m in the direction I need using the shift lock (hold shift key down to lock the selected objects in the drag command in one direction and while holding the shift key down, press r to activate the tracker).

Next I would move the selected 3d upward using the shift lock by 80cm. That should move your house where you need it.

Finally, you'll have to shut off those 3d layers and turn on the 2d ones you need to move. You'll have to select all the 2d layer's objects floor by floor and move it 1m in the direction you moved the 3d objects.

That should do it.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
furryboffin:

To raise the model, go to the 3D Window, make sure all Layers and Renovation Statuses are visible, Select All, then use the Elevate... command. You will then need to go to each Section and Elevation Window to move the 2D elements vertically the same distance.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Barry Kelly
You might find it easier to leave the house as it is and just move your site plan/3D mesh in the opposite direction.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!