BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to select all floors in 2D?

Anonymous
Not applicable
HI everybody,

I have several multistory buildings in project. But in 2D i can select and move only 1 story, all stories can be selected only in 3d. So how can I select all stories in 2d for precise movement?

Thank you in advance.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Use the thick marque tool!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can You, please, show me on screenshot where I can find this tool?
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Eublefar:

On the ToolBox, select the Marquee Tool, on the Info Box, select the left pop up and change to heavy version. For more more information with images, go to Help > ArchiCAD Help, when your browser opens click on the "Search" tab, and input "Marquee Tool" in the search box, in the results list "Marquee Area Definition Options" will show you screen shots.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, David and Kliment, it works. I have another question: I have topographic map in .jpg format, I want to put it as background,
if I just copy+paste it to ArchiCAD it occurs as fixed figure and i can`t change the size of this picture.
So, how can I put picture as background, so its not fixed to current scale?
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Eublefar wrote:
Thank you, David and Kliment, it works. I have another question: I have topographic map in .jpg format, I want to put it as background,
if I just copy+paste it to ArchiCAD it occurs as fixed figure and i can`t change the size of this picture.
So, how can I put picture as background, so its not fixed to current scale?
Place as an External Drawing! And I would recommend reading the Manual.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Whether you insert it as a figure or as a drawing, you are still able to select it and edit it's properties in order to scale it.

You can also use the pet palette to change the size of the image by selecting and holding on the corner of it. Pet palette options and functionality differ slightly for each tool.

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!