Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

How to select elements of that menu with keyboard ?

kosta
Booster

Hi ! 

I understand that it is personal preference but I found annoying to select that floating menu elements with mouse, can I do that with keyboard ? 

Untitled.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

That is known as the Pet Palette.

You can't turn it off, but you can invoke most of the commands by keyboard shortcuts before you invoke the pet palette - certainly the move commands (drag, rotate, mirror, etc.).

But once the pet palette is open then, you have to pick from one of the choices - or ESC or right click +cancel to close it.

You can press the "F" key to cycle forwards through the options (SHIFT+F will go backwards).

But as far as I know, you can't pick a particular command with a keyboard shortcut once it is open.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
Barry Kelly

That is known as the Pet Palette.

You can't turn it off, but you can invoke most of the commands by keyboard shortcuts before you invoke the pet palette - certainly the move commands (drag, rotate, mirror, etc.).

But once the pet palette is open then, you have to pick from one of the choices - or ESC or right click +cancel to close it.

You can press the "F" key to cycle forwards through the options (SHIFT+F will go backwards).

But as far as I know, you can't pick a particular command with a keyboard shortcut once it is open.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11