Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How would you do this one?

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Must work with schedule. I don't have an object that can do this. ANyone knows an object like this. Also glazing line in 2D needs to be manually on/off.
/Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
If you don't have a door/window builder add-on then maybe Library Part Maker might help.
I have not used it myself but my understanding is you create a custom opening from slabs (morphs?), but this standardises some of the display settings with other windows and doors.

https://www.nationalbimlibrary.com/library-part-maker

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Barry wrote:
If you don't have a door/window builder add-on then maybe Library Part Maker might help.
I have not used it myself but my understanding is you create a custom opening from slabs (morphs?), but this standardises some of the display settings with other windows and doors.

https://www.nationalbimlibrary.com/library-part-maker

Barry.
It's a last resort and quite a nice one. Done a few with the lib part manager but more pure custom windows/doors w individual 2D graphics which is kind of the same thing. The problem with custom objects is that they are not sketch friendly. It's not a strategic way to go when the sketching architects need to go to some of the more cad tech skilled people for a normal dw setup. GS need to rethink dw. It has been great (even magnificient ) in the past but it's getting old.
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
I never tried this in that situation, but I have been looking for the opportunity: curtain wall tool can do anything. Whatever frame with whatever infill and openings.

So you could place a curtain wall on an empty opening. Empty opening with whatever ID that gets ignored by schedule. And you can make a schedule list anything, like 'all doors excluding those with this ID' + 'all curtain wall objects with ID containing whatever'. Both doors and curtain walls would get assigned a common set of properties, which are what you would list in schedules. Properties sound mysterious but it is really simple.

It is a dirty workaround, but quite powerful dirty workaround. If it does work, which I think it must.

I wish we had 'curtain wall object' windows, so that they move together with walls etc.

Regarding hiding glazing line in plans, I can't think of anything except some other dirty workaround with pens and pen sets.