BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

How would you go about creating gilt framed furniture?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm designing a hotel at the moment, and of course picked the hardest objects to make in Archicad.

Doe's anyone have any advice or tips on how to create a french chair with intricately carved edges, or a gilt framed mirror?

I want to avoid uploading archibase objects, but if there are free models anyone knows of that have a smaller poly count, that could help.
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
You're really asking two questions: how to create objects with certain shapes, and how to apply materials - such as gilding - to parts

Applying materials is part of basic training, so I assume you're just asking how to make certain objects? How ornate is the mirror frame? Does the ornamentation have to be modeled, or can it be faked with a texture map? Etc.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
well, i have a pretty good knowledge of making objects from spheres, cubes, domes etc, and ive tried to make some furniture, but theyre very detailed..

i do know how to add textures and everything like that.

i was just wondering if there was an easier way.

i might just have to photoshop them in, or use archibase, because theres a few different ones, and it just wouldnt look good if i tried to make it myself.
Karl Ottenstein
Blackmasks&gasoline wrote:
i was just wondering if there was an easier way.
Since none of us (AFAIK) can read your mind, we would have no idea if our methods are easier than yours. 😉

Again, if you want to post an image of an example and describe how you think you would do it, people here would be happy to jump in and either agree or suggest more efficient methods.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!