BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

I am confused on how to change the surface color of a profile

4hotshoes
Advisor
I have a client who wants to see color options for trim. It would make sense to me to have a single place to change the color of all siding, all fascia, all window trim, all corner trim, ... It I set it up right. However, I am confused about the best way to do that with a profile. I have several hundreds of one profile in the model and twenty or so of another profile in the model. And it seems that a profile's surface color can be controlled in several places and I can't seem to find them all. Where is the best place to globally change them all in a single location without having to select all of them.

For example: I have a house with board and batten siding with corner trim and frieze trim under the eave. I want all to be the same color and the ability to change the color of all in one place. The battens and corners are profiles while the siding is a wall. Then there is the window trim, which I forgot to mention.

Changing all the walls is easy as I select the building material and select a new color.

Any thoughts?
Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
2 REPLIES 2
Lingwisyer
Guru
If your profiles only use a single colour, you could set up a Graphic Override to change that single colour to a second desired one depending on your option.

Ling,

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Barry Kelly
Have you tried the surface painter tool in 3D?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!