Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

I broke the GDL ... seriously no joke

Nader Belal
Mentor

Hi everyone,

This is not a noob question.

Well I have 2 array parameters that are to be used for a Values{2} function, but Archicad refused to execute it because it have identified the string array parameter as numeric array parameter.

Yes I have checked if it was written correctly, and Yes I have already used VARTYPE function to make sure that that the String array is in fact a string Array.

I need to know who did I break the GDL ? and how to fix it ?

NaderBelal_0-1637189830485.jpeg

A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Nader Belal
Mentor

To all of you thank you.

I just solved it be eliminated an iteration that somehow, its content or it's location in the Parameter script wasn't of Archicad liking.

A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
DGSketcher
Legend

Couple of suggestions...

Try running a loop to clear / initialise / overwrite all the array values with a string. 

Create a new array with a similar name and delete the old one.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

I will try number 2, number one is already implemented

No use, ...

I even tried to use the temporary variable array, and the message still is persistant

Nader Belal
Mentor

Last Update:

I created a new empty GSM file with the same parameters, then copy pasted the code from the original file to the new one.

Didn't work, same error message

With out the object or code posted it's probably going be impossible for us to help.

Could you attach an example?

Structural engineer, developer of free addon for sync GDL param and properties

Solution
Nader Belal
Mentor

To all of you thank you.

I just solved it be eliminated an iteration that somehow, its content or it's location in the Parameter script wasn't of Archicad liking.