Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

I'm trying to make a normal door but when I click on the wall

Giovannino60
Participant

1) I'm trying to make a normal door but when I click on the wall come out of the arches with darts, but the door is not created, what should I do? 2) Why the wall even if above is identified as a wall in plastered blocks, the graphics of the wall is white and not checkered?

Thank you

Perchè la porta non si fa.jpgBlocco intonacato.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Hello,

Your wall is diplayed as uncut, that's why the door is'nt drawned.

Two reasons : your wall is set to allways show uncut in it's Plan/Section settings, or the top of the wall is under the section plan of the plan vue.

ArchiCad 3.43 to 26
MacOS Monterey

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Lingwisyer
Guru

You need to click twice with doors. One to set position, two to set opening direction.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

There is a problem in the wall: 1) why does it have a different plan graphics from the other wall even if they are always two walls as plastered blocks? 2) because in section you see the door that I inserted but the view you see the wall at the end of the room, you should not see the room behind the wall 3) it seems that the wall is not there and yet in plan is selectable?  Thank you

Grafica diversa.jpgquesto muro lo vedo male.jpg
Solution

Hello,

Your wall is diplayed as uncut, that's why the door is'nt drawned.

Two reasons : your wall is set to allways show uncut in it's Plan/Section settings, or the top of the wall is under the section plan of the plan vue.

ArchiCad 3.43 to 26
MacOS Monterey