BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

I need help by bahama windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys, I'm studying 3rd semester architecture, and kinda new to Archicad. I'd like to create a cover for the facade somewhat like this:

All I need is just the wood shuttering outside, and it should be folded horizontally like that. I've been googling for 5 hours how I can create its 3D model on Archicad and found absolutely nothing. Could anyone please show me how can I create/ found such system? I'm using Archicad 20 btw.

Thank you in advance
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Welcome to the forum.
But first please read the section descriptions to find the best place to post.
I have moved this post.

Because the slats are horizontal you could easily do this with a 'Complex Profile' wall.

The opening is a little different depending on what you want to do.
You can add an empty opening in the complex profile wall and then create a second complex profile wall for the open panels.
However this will be fixed at that angle and will not be adjustable unless you further edit that profile.

If you want a parametric (moveable) window then you will need to learn a bit of GDL as I have not seen any default windows or doors like that.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your suggestion, and I'm sorry for posting in the wrong place! I will do research on GDL then
Barry wrote:
Welcome to the forum.
But first please read the section descriptions to find the best place to post.
I have moved this post.

Because the slats are horizontal you could easily do this with a 'Complex Profile' wall.

The opening is a little different depending on what you want to do.
You can add an empty opening in the complex profile wall and then create a second complex profile wall for the open panels.
However this will be fixed at that angle and will not be adjustable unless you further edit that profile.

If you want a parametric (moveable) window then you will need to learn a bit of GDL as I have not seen any default windows or doors like that.

Barry.
Learn and get certified!