Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

I need to know it the door leaf has glass in it

Kamelite
Enthusiast

So, is that possible? I went through the list of properties that are native to Archicad, but I couldn't find anyone that gave me that information. Neither leaf-number or area og glass in leaf... Nada.

However, I know that this information is connected to a door, because checking the  "Classification and Properties", I found this:

Kamelite_0-1655377867842.png

And I have tested it, and it changes whenever I change the amount of glass in the leaf. So, how do I get access to that piece of information?

.Kamelite

Windows 10, Archicad 27
7 REPLIES 7
rodut1112
Booster

Hi Kamelite,

In the ifc translator, under property mapping tab (map ifc properties to export) you can find the settings used by the translator to export data for each type of element. Under the IFC door part you can see the which data is used for GlazingAreaFraction, which in this case is part of a door object (library part). If you need to use this in a schedule, you can also look for this specific part of the library element.

I hope i understood your question and hopefully this helps.

Screenshot 2022-06-20 at 09.46.44.png
Archicad 23/25/26 NL , MacOS 13.4.1 (c) on MacStudio M1 Max

That is how far I got. But my question remains - how do I get this information into a property?

I cannot get access to any IFC related information when I select what data I want to use in a particular property...

.Kamelite

Windows 10, Archicad 27

Indeed i also can`t think of a way to have a property with that information.

What would you like to use the property for? IFC export or Scheduling? Or maybe labels?

Maybe there is another way to approach it? 

There is apparently an item on the Wishlist for this.(Wish #12217)

https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/Wishes-forum/Access-Library-Part-Parameters-from-Property-Expres...

I wnated it to be a part of a doorlabel, so that I could see wether the leaf had glass in it or not, instead of either do Ctrl-T or switch to 3D. I managed the make the area of glass appear on the label, but not without any unresolved issues. First, Archicad has 6 decimals, when I could do with just one. Second,

I can not get that value into a property, for scheduling...

But I discovered that  Archicad have already a visual solution for this, and I didn't notice that until yesterday. And I have been an AC-user for 10+ years.. 

Leafs that have glas and leafs that have noe does not look the same in plan view. You may have to do some adjustments in your MVO to see it...

.Kamelite

Windows 10, Archicad 27

ok, i thought the issue was more complex than it actually was. Indeed the MVO have a major influence on the amount of detail.

Does it show 6 decimals even if you change it in the project preferences. Be sure to go under the area dimensions, and save it as a "set"Screenshot 2022-06-23 at 08.59.38.png

Doesn¨t really matter what I do in project settings:

bilde.jpg

 Red square is Area of glass in this particular leaf, Yellow sqare showes that Archicad showes it to me....

Thanks to everyone that had tips.

.Kamelite

Windows 10, Archicad 27