BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ICF (insulated concrete formwork) Walls

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all, I'm working on 15 and I need to use ICF walls, is there anything out there except from using composites and building a new wall type every time?
3 REPLIES 3
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
Notio,

I am not sure what you mean by " building a new wall type every time ". I think that a composite wall is the best way to do a ICF wall type but once you have set it up once you should not have to do it again. You can make it part of a template file you use to start a new project or if you don't want to do that just past a piece of the wall from one project into the new one. It will add the composite wall type automatically. If I am misunderstanding please clarify.

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
Notio,

I am not sure what you mean by " building a new wall type every time ". I think that a composite wall is the best way to do a ICF wall type but once you have set it up once you should not have to do it again. You can make it part of a template file you use to start a new project or if you don't want to do that just past a piece of the wall from one project into the new one. It will add the composite wall type automatically. If I am misunderstanding please clarify.

Cheers,
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
MrC
Advocate
example of our standard ICF section view
ILIFFE ARCHITECTURAL

BRITISH COLUMBIA

macbook pro 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

AC 21 USA (latest build)
Learn and get certified!