Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

IFC properties values to GDL object

Nader Belal
Mentor
Hi there,

This question is also related to IFC properties schema.

In ArchiCAD GDL 22 guide, there are ways to extract object's IFC property values with in GDL, and I was wondering, if there is a way where I can extract certain IFC properties from the project such as IFCRole ???

So, if there is a way, how can I do it ?
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Nader Belal
Mentor
To all, I think that I might have found the solution for this question,

Basically some project information are needed to be added once and referenced for the sake of documentation, but it will not impact on ArchiCAD's model per-se ...

An example to that is when you need to document the roles of other professionals, such as engineers, or surveyors, ... etc

The easiest why to do that:
1- Create new entries in ArchiCAD's project info.
2- Create new parameters in your desired object that will withhold the values/details of these roles.
3-In the object's symbol window, use text --> autotext and call for those positions (or their details).
4-Drag the autotext from the symbol window to 2D script (copy and paste for PC users) beside the desired GDL parameters.

PS: this solutions assumes that you're capable to map the new entries in Project Info, in the IFC Manager.
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jc4d
Expert
I would like to know this as well.
So far what I do is to select a Subtype and open the parameters to see what is included and this shouldn't be the way for the users to find out.
I need to access the AcousticRating (Pset_DoorCommon), and it seems an impossible task.

Cheers,
Juan
Nader Belal
Mentor
Hi @jc4d

Actually what I was asking is the other way around, what I need is to get IFC data from the model and inject it to a parameter in GDL.

And I´m also interested in your problem.
Solution
Nader Belal
Mentor
To all, I think that I might have found the solution for this question,

Basically some project information are needed to be added once and referenced for the sake of documentation, but it will not impact on ArchiCAD's model per-se ...

An example to that is when you need to document the roles of other professionals, such as engineers, or surveyors, ... etc

The easiest why to do that:
1- Create new entries in ArchiCAD's project info.
2- Create new parameters in your desired object that will withhold the values/details of these roles.
3-In the object's symbol window, use text --> autotext and call for those positions (or their details).
4-Drag the autotext from the symbol window to 2D script (copy and paste for PC users) beside the desired GDL parameters.

PS: this solutions assumes that you're capable to map the new entries in Project Info, in the IFC Manager.