Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

IMPROPER GRAPHICAL DISPLAY OF WALLS IN FLOOR PLAN VIEW

Ghassan Kanaan
Booster
In many cases when Composite Walls intersect together... There are 2D lines appearing that shouldn't be there!
Even when I try manipulating the "Junction Order" of these walls.
9 REPLIES 9
Karl Ottenstein
Ghassan wrote:
In many cases when Composite Walls intersect together... There are 2D lines appearing that shouldn't be there!
Even when I try manipulating the "Junction Order" of these walls.
I cannot tell if you just wanted to complain, or you are looking for a solution?

For anyone to help, you need to tell us what version/build of ARCHICAD you are using, what operating system, and a screenshot of the issue at the least that also shows where the wall reference lines are. Composite definitions and layer info also matter. Are the base and top of each wall at the same elevation?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Ghassan Kanaan
Booster
Thank you for your reply...
I am using Archicad 23 Trial version, and my wall have all the same height...
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could you post a screenshot which displays exactly how you would want it? Just to know what we are aiming for.
To do that, drag a Copy the Walls, explode them, and modify the resulting lines and fills, that would be the easiest to produce it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Lingwisyer
Guru
The line that is cutting the cross hatch on the right side? Try changing your junction order?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Barry Kelly
When the reference line of 3 walls connect, there is often a problem that you (Archicad) may not be able to solve.
Try adjusting the junction order as Ling has suggested.
I am not sure it will work perfectly in this case.

You could also move the reference line (of the red walls) to the other side of the walls (outside?), but I think you will still have issues with the attached (purple) walls, as technically they won't connect as their reference lines do not touch the other reference lines.
Changing the junction order basically mimics this behaviour anyway.

You may need patch with fills (won't help in 3D) or place a complex profile column at the corners to achieve the correct trimming.

If you want you can select these walls in plan.
Go to the FILE menu > External Content > Save selection as a Module. (un-tick the replace selection with module' option).
Then ZIP the MOD file and attach it here.
Maybe we can then look at it in more detail - saves us having to create the composite walls.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Ghassan Kanaan
Booster
Thank you all guys for your replies.. This is a screenshot that M. Nagy asked for:
Lingwisyer
Guru
For the air gap on the right, you will need to either:

have the left leaf have a stronger BM than your left walls or,
do not have your reference lines intersect.

The second will need something else to solve the inner skin connection.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This is a very complex arrangement, so what I would do is I would model the two Wall intersections on the two sides of the Window as Complex Profile Columns.
I have placed a blue fill on your image so you can see what the extents of these two Columns should be.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Ghassan Kanaan
Booster
I have tried all solutions... Including that of the Profiled Columns, where I still had lines separating the turned skins of the Window's Opening and the same finish skins of Columns.
Since the displaying of the 3D Model is correct in the 3D View, I found the better was to use the PATCH Object.
Thank you all