Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

ISSUE_Style - ArchiCAD GDL Reference Guide

Nader Belal
Mentor
Hi there,

In "ArchiCAD 22 GDL Reference Manual" page 494 under "Variable names" it states and I quote:
You should use a prefix in generally used variable names to denote general categories. This can spare time when someone needs to find out the
type of a variable or parameter.
But there nothing mentioned about Building Materials ... I think you should include this point in the GDL manual
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
2 REPLIES 2
Lingwisyer
Guru
I just use "buildingMatIndex" or something along those lines then maybe follow it with a suffix if there are multiple. Or following a similar line of thought, you could put "Index or idx" at the start in reference to file attributes. But in the end, it comes down to user preference and/or user protocol of how you label everything.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Nader Belal
Mentor
Ling, my comment was for standardisation
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.