BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Identifying Non-Orthographic Walls in Plan View

archislave
Enthusiast
I have several wall that I found to be not in the xy plane when adding dimensions. Like one end might be off by 1/64" I wish there was a way to enter a check mode and have non xy walls or those at an angle under a certain value show up highlighted so they could be corrected.

One problem is that there is not an always on orthographic draw mode unless you are holding down the shift each time. The onscreen guide lines are often random and can almost appear ortho when they are not. We mistakenly follow the guidelines only to discover it later. This is a real problem that needs to be fixed.
Archislave

archicad 16.0 US, iMac El Capitan
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
archislave
Enthusiast
Wow! Thanks Krippahl. Now I just have to figure out how to insert it into the drawing. This is a great resourse...
Archislave

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, this seems very nice! But I did not get it how to use it.
Some small example will be just fine!
Thank you.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Select Tool LABEL / Load other Labell.../ Select this loaded Label as current /
draw a WALL and the label appears automaticaly (even on an existing wall).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you!
archislave
Enthusiast
OK. I got that much but when the dialog comes up to load another label it seems to be looking for a folder. Basically, I don't know what to do with the label I downloaded. I need to place it somewhere before I can load it. Any help would be appreciated!
Archislave

Anonymous
Not applicable
I create a folder for external objects (curently its size is 6GB) on partition "D:", divided in many subfolders. One of this is for LABELS and I put that Wall Label in it.

Do the same and then select it as additional wall label.
archislave
Enthusiast
Wow! Thanks! That makes sense...
Archislave

Learn and get certified!