BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Importing 3DS files into Archicad26

onestoreyllc
Booster

I'm trying to import 3DS files into AC26, I have the Goodies 26 installed but am not finding the 3d studio tab under Interoperability....help!

Meredith
AC26 USA - Lenovo P17 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10885H CPU @ 2.4GHz - 32.0GB - Windows 11 Pro
9 REPLIES 9

Start typing 3DS into the help menu, or,

Go to the Add-Ons Manager and highlight the 3DS Add-On. At the bottom of the screen you should see something that tells you where it is on the menu bar.

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Frillex
Advocate

Having the same problem. 

And the 3DS in does not have any location in the interface. Its all blank inte the add-on manager. 

/F

AC 26, OS MONTEREY

try reinstalling the Goodies package and then re-pathcing AC with the latest Hotfix. If that doesn't bring them back, delete your default Architectural Work Environment and reimport one form the AC Template file.ww

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1

Thanks, 

I'll give it try! 🙂 

Happy holiday!

AC 26, OS MONTEREY

The is a bug with goodies in 26 if you install them after you have started Archicad.

Starting Archicad first erases all of the unused commands from the menus, and installing the goodies afterwards does not replace them.

You must install Archicad again (use the repair option as you already have it installed) - do not start Archicad.

Then install the goodies.

Now update Archicad to the latest hotfix.

Now you can start Archicad.

See...

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Design-forum/Accessories-not-found-after-installation-in-AC26/m-...

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thank you very much Barry! 

Merry Christmas! 

Felix 

AC 26, OS MONTEREY
AndreasB
Booster

It should also be noted that the 3Ds import function isn't actually under Interoperability. It can be found under Design - Design Extras - 3D Studio, for some reason. 

@AndreasB wrote:

It should also be noted that the 3Ds import function isn't actually under Interoperability. It can be found under Design - Design Extras - 3D Studio, for some reason. 

That depends on how your Work Environment is set up.

I just had a look at the default 27 WE I have in the AUS template (may be different for different languages), and it is in both File > Interoperability and Design > Design Extras.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

I see! Wasn't sure why it was in a different place for me. Thanks for clearing that up 🙂

Learn and get certified!