BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Importing LCF file

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,
I have been trying to figure out what i am doing so wrong when trying to import a BIM object which is in a LCF format. I've been trying to look online at videos etc but i can't figure this out. When trying to add the folder with the file to archicad I get the same warning of 'could not embed library...contains no library parts used in the project' - i am totally stuck at this point - i tried to extract file container - no luck. Am i missing something obvious here? Why is this proving so difficult!?
Thanks
Jamie
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
I am not sure how you are trying to 'import' the LCF file - you don't actually import it as such.
Open the Library manager, press the ADD button and then browse for the LCF file and OK.
That should be it and your objects, doors or windows will be ready for use.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Barry
Thanks for the quick response. I can't seem to see where/if the file has been loaded (usually i would just drag a .gsm file and it appears) I have attached two screenshots - this is what happens when i Add to the library. There's not 'placed objects' etc and it won't let me embed so i don't know where these files would be?
Thanks
Jamie
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can use the File > Libraries and Objects > Extract a Container menu command to extract the contents of the LCF into a folder. Then you will see what is in it - GSM files, or just textures, etc.
If there are GSM, then you can load the whole thing into your Embedded Library.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!