Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Importing shortcuts from AC 8.0 to AC 8.1

Miquel Garcia
Participant
We have received the upgrade to 8.1 last thursday, and I would like to recover our own shortcuts (defined manually on every new version since 5.0 ! ) Is there any way to do it?
Miquel
Capella & Garcia Arquitectura
AC18 - AC21, iMac 27" 3.1 Ghz Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram, OSX 10.13.1
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
The prefs are stored in your user folder. Got to (user name) > Library > Preferences > Graphisoft. I am pretty sure that the keyboard shortcuts are stored in the ...Lasting.prefs. Otherwise it's the ...Basic.Prefs, I generally just copy both of them into the new folder.
Miquel Garcia
Participant
Thank you, Matthew, but this works between preferences files from the same version. When upgrading from 7.0v2 to 7.0v3 or from 8.0v2 to 8.0v3 you just need to copy the Lasting Preferences to recover shortcuts.
But this way does'nt works between different versions. When we upgrade from 6.5 to 7 it was necessary to re-write all the scheme, and the same from 7 to 8. Now it seems that between 8 and 8.1 I need to do it again and I'm a little tired.
I have tried to copy the ArchiCAD 8 Lasting.Prefs file to the new folder and change its name to ArchiCAD 8.1 Lasting.Prefs with no success.
Any idea ?
Miquel
Capella & Garcia Arquitectura
AC18 - AC21, iMac 27" 3.1 Ghz Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram, OSX 10.13.1