Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Impossible to move window of door in elevation AC21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

For some reason it seems impossible to move a window or a door in the elevation view in Archicad 21 when i type in the displacement, because the window disappears.
When i click on a certain point (icon becomes a black pen) then it doesnt disappears.
See video of the example: https://streamable.com/gk1pz

In previous versions i thought this was possible.

When I click on a point then it will move.

Does anyone else has this problem or a solution?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello Mestemaker,

Yes, This is indeed a bug, we know about it, and it should be fixed at least in the next main version (but hopefully in 21 as well). The window doesn't actually disappear, it just jumps away with an extremely huge distance.

The workaround is what mikas suggested!

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mikas
Expert
I had to try that, and indeed it does disappear if after giving the displacement value you click the "ok" icon in palette. If you press enter, it will work allright.

And now that I tried it again, it worked perfectly either way. If I use CMD-D, and displacement value it works ok, but if I use Drag+displacement value, the window disappears again.

It seems to be a little sporadic behavior with it now.

It's a bug obviously, but for now you can use CMD/CTRL+D and press the return/enter from your keyboard to accept the displacement value. That seems to work at least for now.
AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS
Solution
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello Mestemaker,

Yes, This is indeed a bug, we know about it, and it should be fixed at least in the next main version (but hopefully in 21 as well). The window doesn't actually disappear, it just jumps away with an extremely huge distance.

The workaround is what mikas suggested!

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks!
mikas wrote:
I had to try that, and indeed it does disappear if after giving the displacement value you click the "ok" icon in palette. If you press enter, it will work allright.

And now that I tried it again, it worked perfectly either way. If I use CMD-D, and displacement value it works ok, but if I use Drag+displacement value, the window disappears again.

It seems to be a little sporadic behavior with it now.

It's a bug obviously, but for now you can use CMD/CTRL+D and press the return/enter from your keyboard to accept the displacement value. That seems to work at least for now.