Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Infobox Layers drop down always alphabetical?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello- I've updated my layers settings and am able to have them display in order based by extension in the "Layers Setting". However when I want to change the layer of an item I've selected via the drop down menu, it is in alphabetical order. I made sure, in the layer setting, to have everything displayed as "filter by extension".... not sure why it is not working. I've attached an "incorrect" image below. Thanks for the help. AC19 by the way

layers incorrect.PNG
1 REPLY 1
Karl Ottenstein
The Layers drop-down in the Info box, settings dialog, etc is always alphabetical. Changing the sort order in the Layer Settings dialog, filtering by extension, etc only affects your view within that dialog/window.

Same thing for all other attributes - fills, building materials, etc. You can change the sort order in Attribute Manager, but it will have no affect on drop-downs elsewhere.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB