Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Instanced hotlinked module element ID's

Kaspars
Booster

Hi,

I would like to hotlink some part of building (e.g. WC room walls in hospital) and multiple it many times, so if some changes in the module should be made, that would be easy.

But the problem is - the door opening ID's should be individual in All the building, regardless the doors are the same type or not. So their number in my project are driven by storey number combined with number manually written in Archicad Doors ID field. As far as I know it is impossible to change ID's of hotlinked element instances. So no hotlinks for me 😕 

I wonder, is there a solution to this?

Kaspars

12 REPLIES 12
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

You might be able to assemble a property that achieves this.

CONCAT ( STR ( {Property:General Parameters/Element ID}; 0 ); STR ( {Property:General Parameters/Home Story Number}; 0 ) )

Something along those lines

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

That is used as how i label my openings by expression in project, yes.

But the problem is with multiple instances of hotlinked modules. It is not possible to give individual ID's of openings in them

Erwin Edel
Rockstar

You could use Master ID of the hotlinked module to give each placed module an unique ID (and the elements inside the module as well).

www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

It works a bit, yes

Meaning i cannot copy hotlinks but only place each instance seperately to achieve this unique Master ID before original ID, right?

Kaspars_0-1630677054474.png

Ah, or to get rid of Original ID as such and use only Master ID

Erwin Edel
Rockstar

You can use TRIM to get rid of the bits you don't need.

www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

So the only drawback for this method as I can see is that all the objects within the module instance will get the same Master ID. For example If I have 3 doors, 2 sinks, etc., they all will have the same Master ID prefix before original ID

There should be two options: 'element ID' and 'hotlink and element ID'.

I typically use the 'hotlink and element ID' for things that require unique ID per placed module, for example zones. I typically use 'element ID' for things that should have the same ID regardless of being part of module or not, for example doors/windows.

www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Lingwisyer
Guru

Might there be someway to create a custom field that combines the Hotlink ID and the Door ID? You then schedule that instead?

eg. Door 4 in Hotlink 8 becomes "Door 84"

Ling.

...I feel like this forum is not always loading replies to posts...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660