Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Interior Door sits outside of wall jamb when placed

dcerezo
Advocate
Hey guys,

I've got this weird situation when trying to place a D24 object in my interior walls. When I place the door and it swings towards the side I picked as "exterior" it works fine. But if I flip the swing, away from the "exterior" side, it sits away from the jamb. I can't for the life of me figure out why.

Can someone help me identify the setting for this?
ArchiCAD 26 - iMac 27, Late 2019, 3.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 32GB Ram, Radeon Pro 8GB, macOS Sonoma
27 REPLIES 27
qbic-ft
Booster
It's happening to me as well and only when you use Wall Closure = Stud Wall
jkershaw
Enthusiast
bumping this topic. We are having the same issue since upgrading to AC24. As another post stated, the issue is when setting the Wall Closure to Stud Wall.

Parameter transfer does not work.

Flipping the door using the flip button results in the wall being "thrown" outside the bounds of the wall. Seems like a GDL glitch in AC24.... GS please resolve!
AC26 APPLE SILICON USA FULL 4032
Mac Studio 2022, Apple M1 Max, 64GB RAM
13.2 macOS Ventura
learning AC since version 4.5
Varch
Participant
I'm a brand new user and having this trouble on my first project. When I flip it, the jamb is in the correct spot. When I flip it back it jumps outside the wall again. I was wondering if it was just me trying to learn Archicad - but I found this post that sounds like what I am experiencing.

Pretty frustrating - I've dug through all of the attributes and am struggling with this.
Craig
Architect in Dallas, TX
AC24 newbie
Varch
Participant
I used a new template (Shoegnome) this time and it is doing it there, as well. Maybe I just have one of my settings wrong?

FWIW I loaded a trial copy of the CI tools last week. Wondering if that could be part of the problem.

Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6q1bqs540fcj69i/2020-10-24%20Menefee%20Residence.pln?dl=0
Craig
Architect in Dallas, TX
AC24 newbie
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Craig,

Thank you very much for the report, and I am very sorry about the issue!

I was able to reproduce this issue on Archicad 24 USA only, without CI tools installed. I'm not sure if this is an issue with AC24, or with USA library objects. I will ask our colleagues from Technical Support team to have a closer look into this issue. As soon as we have a conclusion, I will let you know!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Varch
Participant
Thanks. I would love to resolve this.
Craig
Architect in Dallas, TX
AC24 newbie
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Craig,

We investigated the US library and found out that there was a bug with the frame in certain door objects. The defect has been entered into our defect system. As of now, the workaround can be placing the door on the other side instead of flipping it.

As I can see that this is a very serious defect, and it can only be fixed via a library update (which is different from Archicad updates), we will try to escalate this issue, hopefully the fix will come soon!

Thank you very much for your understanding! If you have any further questions, feel free to ask me again!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Varch
Participant
How long does it usually take to fix something like this?
Craig
Architect in Dallas, TX
AC24 newbie
jkershaw
Enthusiast
How long does it usually take to fix something like this?
Would like to know this answer as well. We are holding off migrating projects until this issue is resolved.
AC26 APPLE SILICON USA FULL 4032
Mac Studio 2022, Apple M1 Max, 64GB RAM
13.2 macOS Ventura
learning AC since version 4.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just encountered this exact problem and searched for a fix for quite a while. Finally found this post, and I'm hoping that it will be resolved soon!